Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Battery Tie Down Bolt

This is a great indicator of the overall state of Black Car. While it looks pretty good from the outside and from 10 feet away, when you start looking closely you start to see small problems.

When I popped the hood, the battery tie down was missing the forward bolt. Now, there really isn't a good reason for this bolt to be missing, just a general lack of attention to detail.


So once we Black Car moved into her new home in the car-hole, I unpacked some boxes and found my bucket of bolts that I salvaged during my AE86 donor car tear down.


A quick dig through the bucket and I found a bolt that would fit.


The battery is now secure, but the OCD part of me is still trying to figure out if I need to go figure out and track down the correct length bolt since this one is likely too long. Since Black Car will never be a Concourse level vehicle, this will probably be good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment